1. Vami as ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’;
2. Our website and other applications as ‘Site’;
3. Any person accessing this Site as ‘you’ or ‘your’
Our commitment to your privacy
We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal and private information ("customer information") submitted to us via the www.vami.co.za website ("the/this website"). This privacy and security policy ("this policy") outlines Vami’s practices and commitment to the customer in this regard.
We know that you expect a high level of privacy and security for the personal information that you have shared or intend sharing with us.
This privacy notice is designed to inform you of the types of information we collect from you, how we use that information, and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties.
By visiting www.vami.co.za and supplying us with your information, you are accepting the practices described within this privacy notice.
We are strongly committed to ensuring that the personal information you provide to us is treated securely and responsibly. We appreciate the fact that you are aware of your rights as an individual relating to personal information and thus will not act in a manner that would potentially lead to negative impacts on your financial well being.
• Previously updated – October 2018
• Reviewed and updated - October 2018
We will disclose info if required
Further to the requirements of the ECT Act; we will disclose your personal information without your consent.
We will disclose personal information without your consent if we are required to do so by law or a court order
We will disclose personal information without your consent if disclosure is in the public interest
We will disclose personal information without your consent if disclosure is in Vami's interest
We will disclose personal information with your implied consent
Protecting the privacy of children
We take the privacy of children very seriously.
Children under the age of 13 years should obtain their guardian's consent before providing/submitting any personal information about themselves on our site.
We will not require children under this age to provide any personal information other than that which is reasonably necessary to use our site.
If we determine that a user is under the age of 13, we will not use or maintain their personal information without the guardian's consent.
We will treat, store and handle your personal information with the highest degree possible to us. It is however your responsibility to protect your personal information regarding your user account details.
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example:
• Your name
• Identity Number
• Purchase History
• Activity and Site Navigation data
• Your Transaction History on our site.
Any information about what you buy, where you shop, where you bank and all related information will also be regarded as personal information.
In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information.
Why and how we collect and use personal information
To make your use of our site and all products and services offered on our site as successful and pleasurable as possible, it is necessary for us to find out exactly what you need and want from us.
The following are reasons why we would collect your personal information:
• To identify you
• For us to process your instructions or requests
• For us to ensure that we meet your needs, we may collect and analyse your personal information and combine all the information that we have about you to compile a profile of you in order for us to personalise and tailor our services to meet your specific needs.
Once we have collected and analysed your personal information, we may send you promotional material or details which we think may be of interest to you.
If any of this promotional information relates to products, promotions, news or services of an affiliate party, and if you indicate that you would like more details, we may inform the affiliate party to contact you directly.
We will however, only inform an affiliate party to contact you directly if you have indicated that this is agreeable to you.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorised entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
If at any stage, after you have given us your consent, you no longer wish us to use or share your personal information with an affiliate party; you may at any stage withdraw your consent.
Which laws apply?
Help contribute to the protection of your information.
You can also help maintain the security of access information by:
• Not sharing the customer's ID or password with anyone
• Changing the customer's password regularly
• Remembering to sign off after each session
• Not leaving the customer's computer or any device unattended while conducting online transactions on our site.
• Reporting fraudulent activity
• Helping us maintain accurate records by letting us know when changes occur in your situation so we can update your records accordingly
• Not supplying your personal and financial information to any site you do not know or trust.